RichEdit & Background image problem

I have a large scrolling RichText control that I would like to
place an image behind as a background.

I am having a little difficulty making this work, placing a bitmap
onto the back of the form works fine but the Richtext control
just blobs over this as expected.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to achive this
(ie. place bitmap into Richtext control, or make Richtext control
have a transparent background).

Thanks, Simon
sim...@voyager.co.nz

Re:RichEdit & Background image problem

I have a pretty close problem: I need to paint RichEdit on a
memory bitmap using RichEdit.PaintTo(SomeBMP.Canvas).
The only thing I'm getting is a border with nothing inside :(

If this problem can be solved, it would be pretty easy to solve
yours: just declare RichEdit's background color as
transparent for the bitmap and paint that bitmap on anything you
want.

Let me know if you found a solution.
Thanx,

Dmitry

>I have a large scrolling RichText control that I would like to
>place an image behind as a background.

>I am having a little difficulty making this work, placing a bitmap
>onto the back of the form works fine but the Richtext control
>just blobs over this as expected.

>Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to achive this
>(ie. place bitmap into Richtext control, or make Richtext control
>have a transparent background).

>Thanks, Simon
>sim...@voyager.co.nz

Other Threads