256 Color Icons...

I have seen this posted earlier, but never saw an answer.  Now I need to
know how to save a ticon to 256 colors.  Thanks.

Re:256 Color Icons...

On 16 Jul 1998 22:54:03 GMT, "Paul T. Lazarchik" <lvan...@gte.net>
wrote:

I am not sure that it can be done with delphi. If you ever find a
solution, please let me know.

>I have seen this posted earlier, but never saw an answer.  Now I need to
>know how to save a ticon to 256 colors.  Thanks.

remove the .nospam. for email replies

Re:256 Color Icons...

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is what you want to do, but this
little snip of code will draw an icon on a bitmap (tested on delphi 3/4).
Once you have the bitmap, you can fiddle around with the color depth,
turn it back into an icon etc.

     bitmap := TBitmap.create;
     try
        bitmap.width := icon.width;
        bitmap.height := icon.height;
        drawicon(bitmap.canvas.handle, 0,0, drive1.icon.handle);
     finally
            bitmap.free;
     end;

regards,
Dave Ninnes
da...@powerup.com.au

dcallagh.nosp...@au.oracle.com wrote in article
<35aea679.88213...@newshost.us.oracle.com>...

> On 16 Jul 1998 22:54:03 GMT, "Paul T. Lazarchik" <lvan...@gte.net>
> wrote:

> I am not sure that it can be done with delphi. If you ever find a
> solution, please let me know.

> >I have seen this posted earlier, but never saw an answer.  Now I need to
> >know how to save a ticon to 256 colors.  Thanks.

> remove the .nospam. for email replies

Other Threads