Del#.DB and Del#.MB files

Hi, i'm working with D5 Enterprise and SQL Server 7.
My application is creating some strange Del1, Del2, ... etc files with
DB and MB extensions.
What are this files? (I'm doing something wrong with some dataset? is
the first time i see this files and i have many Delphi applications).
Thanks
--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com

Re:Del#.DB and Del#.MB files

Guillermo,

Those are temporary paradox database files created when you use
CachedUpates.  They are deleted when the TQuery is closed.

If this is causing some kind of conflict/problem, check out:

Good luck,
krf

Guillermo Casta?o <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message

> Hi, i'm working with D5 Enterprise and SQL Server 7.
> My application is creating some strange Del1, Del2, ... etc files with
> DB and MB extensions.
> What are this files? (I'm doing something wrong with some dataset? is
> the first time i see this files and i have many Delphi applications).
> Thanks
> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
> Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
> WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
> ICQ # 33844513
> Systems and Computers Engineer

Re:Del#.DB and Del#.MB files

Some of them are remaining after the application is closed, and are never
deleted. Why can it be?

Kevin Frevert wrote:
> Guillermo,

> Those are temporary paradox database files created when you use
> CachedUpates.  They are deleted when the TQuery is closed.

> If this is causing some kind of conflict/problem, check out:
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,22571,00.html

> Good luck,
> krf

> Guillermo Casta?o <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, i'm working with D5 Enterprise and SQL Server 7.
> > My application is creating some strange Del1, Del2, ... etc files with
> > DB and MB extensions.
> > What are this files? (I'm doing something wrong with some dataset? is
> > the first time i see this files and i have many Delphi applications).
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
> > Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> > Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
> > WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
> > ICQ # 33844513
> > Systems and Computers Engineer

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
Guillermo...@Hotmail.com
WWW: http://www.GrupoMillennium.com (Gerente de Sistemas)
ICQ # 33844513
Systems and Computers Engineer

Re:Del#.DB and Del#.MB files

Guilermo,

   The only time I've seen this is when the application abends.  Other than
that, I'm not sure.  Borland is no longer supporting CachedUpdates so if
this is some kind of bug, don't look for a fix anytime soon.  If you switch
to ClientDatasets, you should easily be able to scale to n-tier and or Kylix
with very little code change.

> Some of them are remaining after the application is closed, and are never
> deleted. Why can it be?

Other Threads