Changing A Paradox Table Language

A customer or ours reports that several installations of our software
have a table's language set to PDOX 'ascii' Japan, they are in Norway
and find they cannot read some data due to the local character set. If
you use Database Desktop the 'Table Language' can be changed, by
restructuring, to a Norwegian language and all works well. The trouble
is it is not practical for him to travel across Norway correcting tables
on customers sites. I have searched the help files (BCB5) to find a way
of changing this attribute without success can anyone point me in the
right direction

Regards,
Phil.

Re:Changing A Paradox Table Language

"Phil Towers" <pistonbr...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> A customer or ours reports that several installations of our software
> have a table's language set to PDOX 'ascii' Japan, they are in Norway
> and find they cannot read some data due to the local character set. If
> you use Database Desktop the 'Table Language' can be changed, by
> restructuring, to a Norwegian language and all works well. The trouble
> is it is not practical for him to travel across Norway correcting tables
> on customers sites. I have searched the help files (BCB5) to find a way
> of changing this attribute without success can anyone point me in the
> right direction

Here is a sample procedure (albeit in Delphi) that may help.  If you can
translate it into C++, the logic should be the same:
http://bdesupport.com/faq.htm#changelanguage

--
Vinnie Murdico
Software with Brains, Inc.

Re:Changing A Paradox Table Language

Thanks Vinnie, I failed to convert it to C++ but it worked well in Delphi

Phil.

> "Phil Towers" <pistonbr...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > A customer or ours reports that several installations of our software
> > have a table's language set to PDOX 'ascii' Japan, they are in Norway
> > and find they cannot read some data due to the local character set. If
> > you use Database Desktop the 'Table Language' can be changed, by
> > restructuring, to a Norwegian language and all works well. The trouble
> > is it is not practical for him to travel across Norway correcting tables
> > on customers sites. I have searched the help files (BCB5) to find a way
> > of changing this attribute without success can anyone point me in the
> > right direction

> Here is a sample procedure (albeit in Delphi) that may help.  If you can
> translate it into C++, the logic should be the same:
> http://bdesupport.com/faq.htm#changelanguage

> --
> Vinnie Murdico
> Software with Brains, Inc.
> SWBTracker - Affordable Defect Management Software
> http://www.swbtracker.com

Other Threads