Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card

Hi!

Does anyone know how to play 16 bit stereo sound (44.1 kHz) trought sound
card?
I know how to play 8 bit sound (using DMA and DSP commands). I saw
documentation for sound blaster 16 where is describet how to play 16 bit
stereo sound over it, but it doesn't seem to work with my OPL3 card.
Probably my DSP doesn't support SB16 commands.
Does anyone know how to play over simple sound card such as mine?
I set the DMA transfer, set the length, send the command that must start
playback, but nothing happens. It would probably work on SB16, but it has no
use with mine card...

Thanks forward,

                    Tomy