W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

This must be trivial but please help.
If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win 95
task bar does not change.
This must be a well known bug, but what can I do?
I need that text to change.

--

Please if it is not too difficult send a mail too.

Szaszvari Peter
Mail: s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch
Home: http://iap11.ethz.ch/users/szp/szp.htm

Re:W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

In article <5h654b$rc...@elna.ethz.ch>, s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch (Peter Szaszvari) wrote:
>This must be trivial but please help.
>If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win 95
>task bar does not change.
>This must be a well known bug, but what can I do?
>I need that text to change.

The caption that appears on the task bar is not the caption of your
main form.  It is your app's title, which is set in the .dpr file
(Select View | Project Source).

Anyway, if you want to set that caption at run time, use

Application.Title := 'my app title';

hth

-- luu

[cc'd by mail]

Re:W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

Isn't the win 95 taskbar font something that windows 95 handles.

I think so?

Jeremy

Peter Szaszvari <s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch> wrote in article
<5h654b$rc...@elna.ethz.ch>...

> This must be trivial but please help.
> If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win
95
> task bar does not change.
> This must be a well known bug, but what can I do?
> I need that text to change.

> --

> Please if it is not too difficult send a mail too.

> Szaszvari Peter
> Mail: s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch
> Home: http://iap11.ethz.ch/users/szp/szp.htm

Re:W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

> If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win 95
> task bar does not change.

Use the application.title property

HTH
Allan

Re:W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

Peter,
  if your using Delphi 2.0 then you would have to change the
Application.Title property:

Application.Title := 'My New Title';

If you are using Delphi 1.0 you have to change the forms caption to see the
change when the form is in Normal or Maximized state and the
Application.Title property to see the change when the form is Minimized.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Peter Szaszvari <s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch> wrote in article
<5h654b$rc...@elna.ethz.ch>...

> This must be trivial but please help.
> If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win
95
> task bar does not change.
> This must be a well known bug, but what can I do?
> I need that text to change.

> --

> Please if it is not too difficult send a mail too.

> Szaszvari Peter
> Mail: s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch
> Home: http://iap11.ethz.ch/users/szp/szp.htm

Re:W95: Application button text on taskbar doesn't change

Try setting the property Application.Title := <whatever you want>

This option is also available in "Project Options/Application " in
Design-Time.

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Peter Szaszvari wrote:
> This must be trivial but please help.
> If I change the caption of my main form the text on the button on the win 95
> task bar does not change.
> This must be a well known bug, but what can I do?
> I need that text to change.

Other Threads