Multi-Media or CBT for Delphi 2

My name is Greg and I am a Delphi newbie.  I have many years programming
experience and have used PowerBuilder, VB, Access...  Now, after all
this time I have finally discovered Delphi 2.

I just purchased Delphi 2 yesterday and I want to get up to speed
quickly. I have ordered 3 books on Delphi 2 from the Library of Computer
and Information Sciences, and I plan to pick up a copy of "Delphi
Unleashed" ASAP.

I am currently looking for Multi-Media and/or Computer-Based Training
courses to give me a jumpstart before diving into the textbooks.

I found a package from Borland (I think it was called Learing to Program
in Delphi), but it is for Delphi 1.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have for me as a Delphi newbie,
especially regarding Multi-Media or CBT for Delphi 2.

Re:Multi-Media or CBT for Delphi 2

Gregory Hoover <ghoo...@lan2wan.com> wrote:
>My name is Greg and I am a Delphi newbie.  I have many years programming
>experience and have used PowerBuilder, VB, Access...  Now, after all
>this time I have finally discovered Delphi 2.

>I just purchased Delphi 2 yesterday and I want to get up to speed
>quickly. I have ordered 3 books on Delphi 2 from the Library of Computer
>and Information Sciences, and I plan to pick up a copy of "Delphi
>Unleashed" ASAP.

>I am currently looking for Multi-Media and/or Computer-Based Training
>courses to give me a jumpstart before diving into the textbooks.

>I found a package from Borland (I think it was called Learing to Program
>in Delphi), but it is for Delphi 1.

>I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have for me as a Delphi newbie,
>especially regarding Multi-Media or CBT for Delphi 2.

Read (in that order):

Pacheco, Xavier / Teixeira, Steve: The Delphi 2 Developer's Guide
Lischner, Ray: Secrets of Delphi 2
[this is purely subjective]

After that you may want to read more specialized books. Please do
check the regular posting to comp.lang.pascal.delphi.announce listing
and ranking (!) quite a lot of Delphi books: "AN ANNOTATED GUIDE TO
DELPHI BOOKS AND PERIODICALS"

It is supposed to be archived somewhere at
http://www.c2.net/~dcroyle/clpda/

Then got to the Delphi Super Page

   http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/~robert/delphi/

get yourself a bunch of files and applications with full source code
and analyze the source code.

You _will_ need the FAQs + the knowledge bases; I have prepared a WWW
site at

   http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/Delphi/
   (note the capitalization - this site is still in beta)

which lists the ones I am aware of (hopefully I do not miss too many)
and points to the places they can be obtained from.

Finally a book on OOP may be interesting, though I do not have a
reference at hand.

HTH
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de