TidHttp.Post : Could not load SSL library

Hi,

this is the first time i am using Indy with D6.

When calling head (or post or get), the first time round while debugging, i
get the message "could not load SSL library". If i continue then, it works
fine. But outside the de{*word*81} it
comes up with "error connecting with SSL".

The httpClient demo that comes with D6 behaves in exactly the same way.
I did copy the two openssl dll's from the demo folder into my system32
directory.

Stepping into the code, i saw that @IdSslUCTTimeDecode = nil in the function
Load in
IdSSLOpenHeaders. Do i have to use different dll's?

Thanks very much
Simone

Re:TidHttp.Post : Could not load SSL library

I had the same problem when I first started using the SSL with the Indy that
came with D6.  I am having difficulty recalling with certainty the solution
to the problem, but I think it had to do with which version of the SSL DLLs
that you downloaded from the Indy site.

I believe you need the download that does not have a b in the name, that is,
I think you need to use the one that comes in the file indy_openssl096.zip.
You can get it from the page
http://www.intelicom.si/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=1

As I recall, I at first used the files from the other zip file,
indy_openssl096b.zip and had the problem you mention.

"Simone Fleuren" <simo...@aptbacs.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi,

> this is the first time i am using Indy with D6.

> When calling head (or post or get), the first time round while debugging,
> get the message "could not load SSL library". If i continue then, it works
> fine. But outside the de{*word*81} it
> comes up with "error connecting with SSL".

> The httpClient demo that comes with D6 behaves in exactly the same way.
> I did copy the two openssl dll's from the demo folder into my system32
> directory.

> Stepping into the code, i saw that @IdSslUCTTimeDecode = nil in the
function
> Load in
> IdSSLOpenHeaders. Do i have to use different dll's?

> Thanks very much
> Simone

Re:TidHttp.Post : Could not load SSL library

Thanks William, dll's from 31.10.2000, version 0.9.6 are working fine with
my application.

Simone

"William LaMartin" <lamar...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> I had the same problem when I first started using the SSL with the Indy
that
> came with D6.  I am having difficulty recalling with certainty the
solution
> to the problem, but I think it had to do with which version of the SSL
DLLs
> that you downloaded from the Indy site.

> I believe you need the download that does not have a b in the name, that
is,
> I think you need to use the one that comes in the file

indy_openssl096.zip.
> You can get it from the page
> http://www.intelicom.si/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=1

> As I recall, I at first used the files from the other zip file,
> indy_openssl096b.zip and had the problem you mention.

> "Simone Fleuren" <simo...@aptbacs.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > this is the first time i am using Indy with D6.

> > When calling head (or post or get), the first time round while
debugging,
> > get the message "could not load SSL library". If i continue then, it
works
> > fine. But outside the de{*word*81} it
> > comes up with "error connecting with SSL".

> > The httpClient demo that comes with D6 behaves in exactly the same way.
> > I did copy the two openssl dll's from the demo folder into my system32
> > directory.

> > Stepping into the code, i saw that @IdSslUCTTimeDecode = nil in the
> function
> > Load in
> > IdSSLOpenHeaders. Do i have to use different dll's?

> > Thanks very much
> > Simone

Other Threads