When to register a automation server?

Hi!

I have small questions about registering COM objects and using them?
I have a delphi client and a automation server.

When do I have to register the server again in the windows registry?
When do I have to re-include the server's type library again into the
clients project?
Is it save to launch upgraded servers and use it with the unchanged client?
Does the end-user have to uninstall the app and re-install it everytime a
new version of the server comes along?

best regards,
--
Kolbeinn Sigurjnsson

Re:When to register a automation server?

Simply put, if you change your server interfaces, you'll need to possibly
re-register your server and rebuild dependent client applications.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

Kolbeinn Sigurjonsson <k...@net-album.com> wrote in message

> Hi!

> I have small questions about registering COM objects and using them?
> I have a delphi client and a automation server.

> When do I have to register the server again in the windows registry?
> When do I have to re-include the server's type library again into the
> clients project?
> Is it save to launch upgraded servers and use it with the unchanged
client?
> Does the end-user have to uninstall the app and re-install it everytime a
> new version of the server comes along?

> best regards,
> --
> Kolbeinn Sigurjnsson