TDBLookupComboBox showing one line?!

hello everybody!
i'm using delphi 5 professional, patched.

i'm using a TDBLookupComboBox and it fetches the right values from the field
associated with it, but shows oddly: it just shows one row at a time, even
though the content of the dataset has 3 or 4 lines (for all the times i've
tested it), and the DropDownRows property is set to 7 (as default!).

any clue?
thanx,
    rony

Re:TDBLookupComboBox showing one line?!

Rony,

are you by any chance using IB components? I had the same "problem" with
them.

A workaround for it was to call Last and First on the query component
providing the data to the combobox.
(better solution would have been to call next in a loop with DropDownRows as
index value)

HTH,
Lieven

> i'm using a TDBLookupComboBox and it fetches the right values from the
field
> associated with it, but shows oddly: it just shows one row at a time, even
> though the content of the dataset has 3 or 4 lines (for all the times i've
> tested it), and the DropDownRows property is set to 7 (as default!).

Re:TDBLookupComboBox showing one line?!

The IP Table can also give problems if syncSQLbyRange is not set
correctly.

(Incidently, in a test program I get all lines showing with TQuery, but
with a TIBDataSet I'm getting 3 rows until I make a selction then 6 (the
number I requested) after that).

Geoff

"Lieven Keersmaekers" <lieven.keersmaek...@removenospam.skynet.be> wrote in
message news:3d80e42e@newsgroups.borland.com...
> Rony,

> are you by any chance using IB components? I had the same "problem" with

them.

I'm using them, and the work-around works fine!
Thanks to both of you very much!
    Rony

Other Threads