BdeAdmin.exe error Could not find object - Runtime error 216

Delphi 5 - After installing Delphi 5 (Delphi 3 preexisting) when trying to run the BDE Administrator received the message
        Exception EDBEngine Error in module BDEAdmin.exe at 00054F92 Could not find object.

it then goes into a loop with a Runtime error 216 at 0003399a

Removed everything (Crystal Delphi 3, Delphi 5 edited the registry etc) Reinstall still doesn't cure the problem.
Environment:
  Windows 95
  Delphi 5

Thanks.

   Bob Yacknowitz

Re:BdeAdmin.exe error Could not find object - Runtime error 216

Bob -

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but this has also happened to me and
I am using Delphi 4.  I posted messages on 3/10 and 3/16, and I have not
had a respones.

Can anyone one help us?  Please!!

If you get a respones or a workaround, please let me know.

Regards,
Dan Basinger

Bob Yacknowitz <BobY...@usa.net> wrote in article <38db55a0@dnews>...

> Delphi 5 - After installing Delphi 5 (Delphi 3 preexisting) when trying

to run the BDE Administrator received the message
>         Exception EDBEngine Error in module BDEAdmin.exe at 00054F92

Could not find object.

> it then goes into a loop with a Runtime error 216 at 0003399a

> Removed everything (Crystal Delphi 3, Delphi 5 edited the registry etc)

Reinstall still doesn't cure the problem.
> Environment:
>   Windows 95
>   Delphi 5

> Thanks.

>    Bob Yacknowitz

Re:BdeAdmin.exe error Could not find object - Runtime error 216

If my dim memory of a similar problem serves, this was caused after my
upgrade from ver 3 to 4.

It was something about an alias that did not exist or its path did not
exist.

If you look in that area you might come up with something.

The error message itself was of no help whatsoever.

HTH

Rick

Bob Yacknowitz <BobY...@usa.net> wrote in message news:38db55a0@dnews...

> Delphi 5 - After installing Delphi 5 (Delphi 3 preexisting) when trying to

run the BDE Administrator received the message
>         Exception EDBEngine Error in module BDEAdmin.exe at 00054F92 Could
not find object.

> it then goes into a loop with a Runtime error 216 at 0003399a

> Removed everything (Crystal Delphi 3, Delphi 5 edited the registry etc)

Reinstall still doesn't cure the problem.
> Environment:
>   Windows 95
>   Delphi 5

> Thanks.

>    Bob Yacknowitz

Re:BdeAdmin.exe error Could not find object - Runtime error 216

The problem is either caused by missing data sources or more than likely
missing odbc drivers.
Since the Bde Admin is an  odbc admin as well, something missing there
causes the problem. If you edit the registry and remove any ODBC entries
that are no longer in use, the problem goes away. If you use the regular
ODBC admin and you have problems removing something that may be an
indication as to the problem entry.

Bob Yacknowitz

Bob Yacknowitz wrote in message <38db55a0@dnews>...

>Delphi 5 - After installing Delphi 5 (Delphi 3 preexisting) when trying to

run the BDE Administrator received the message
>        Exception EDBEngine Error in module BDEAdmin.exe at 00054F92 Could
not find object.

>it then goes into a loop with a Runtime error 216 at 0003399a

>Removed everything (Crystal Delphi 3, Delphi 5 edited the registry etc)

Reinstall still doesn't cure the problem.
>Environment:
>  Windows 95
>  Delphi 5

>Thanks.