Configuring the bde to share database trough network

I work with Delphi 4.03 and paradox database (BDE 5.01).
What changes in the bde configuration do I need to do to make two connected
computers refere to the same database?

Re:Configuring the bde to share database trough network

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:46:00 +0200, "nohalim" <noha...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I work with Delphi 4.03 and paradox database (BDE 5.01).
>What changes in the bde configuration do I need to do to make two connected
>computers refere to the same database?

BDE setup for Peer-To-Peer(Non-Dedicated) Networks
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti/TI247B.html

BDE Frequently Asked Questions.
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti/TI203B.html

HTH

--
Gary Wilmot
Senior Developer

Re:Configuring the bde to share database trough network

There is a TI on Borland's Web site at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list that explains how to configure the
BDE for a peer-to-peer network.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Configuring the bde to share database trough network

>I work with Delphi 4.03 and paradox database (BDE 5.01).
>What changes in the bde configuration do I need to do to make two connected
>computers refere to the same database?

To be able to share access to tables you need to set Local Share to true Then
set the location of the network control file to the same directory for all work
stations.  This need to be the same physical directory as well has using the
same path except that the drive letter can be different.
You can also use UNC directory notation but beware this can be slow if you are
using NT workstations.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com