Good DBDropDown List with Incremental Search?

Jasper Stil wrote:

> ncha...@dircon.co.uk (Neil Charlton) wrote:

> >I hope the subject line does in fact say what I mean ;-) I'm a little
> >unsure of the exact terminology. I'm after a data-aware component
> >which will presented the fields of a given table in a drop-down list.
> >When it receives focus, I would like the list to drop automatically.
> >More importantly, as th user start to type in the box, the nearest
> >match should be highlighted such that pressing return can select the
> >entry at the earliest opportunity.
> Infopower from Woll2Woll software is quite good at just that. It's
> commercial, but you get a lot for the money, IMHO.

There is no Delphi 2.0 version of these components yet. I contacted
Woll2Woll last week and they informed me that a version for 2.0 is due
out at the end of the month. Meanwhile, if you buy the current 1.0
version, you get a free upgrade to the new components when they're
released. Not a bad deal.

--
Michael R. Johnston                      mi...@morse.net
Morse Telecommunication, Inc.            http://www.morse.net

Re:Good DBDropDown List with Incremental Search?

"Michael R. Johnston" <mjohn...@morse.net> wrote:

>Jasper Stil wrote:
>> Infopower from Woll2Woll software is quite good at just that. It's
>> commercial, but you get a lot for the money, IMHO.

>There is no Delphi 2.0 version of these components yet. I contacted
>Woll2Woll last week and they informed me that a version for 2.0 is due
>out at the end of the month. Meanwhile, if you buy the current 1.0
>version, you get a free upgrade to the new components when they're
>released. Not a bad deal.

Sounds quite good, because I'm trying to convert them myself (I bought
them with the source) but there's so much to do. Beside others, they
make use of the PtrRec structure and segment:offset doesn't mean much
in the flat memory model. Some BDE-functions have changed as well
(less parameters in a different order) and I have simply not the time
to take a good look at it.

But who will get this free update? I bought them 2 or 3 months ago...

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.