Help with writing printer driver for NT

Hey

I have a Lexmark winwriter 150 C color printer which doesn't have an NT
driver.
I want to upgrade to NT 4.0 but don't want to pay out for a new printer.
How difficult would it be to write my own driver for NT.
I use turbo pascal 7 or delphi 1

Thanks
Paul

Re:Help with writing printer driver for NT

Stephen Jappy wrote:
> Hey

> I have a Lexmark winwriter 150 C color printer which doesn't have an NT
> driver.
> I want to upgrade to NT 4.0 but don't want to pay out for a new printer.
> How difficult would it be to write my own driver for NT.
> I use turbo pascal 7 or delphi 1

Very difficult, bordering on impossible.  One is a DOS compiler, the other is
a 16-bit Windows compiler.  Try following pointers from Windows programming
groups for information about developing drivers under NT.  You might also want
to see if Lexmark has a webpage (see http://www.lexmark.com) where drivers may
be available, or look around for drivers that your printer may be compatible
with.  And in the case that you've checked and haven't found anything, try
looking for drivers that might be compatible with your printer as an alternate
solution.

Stephen Jappy schrieb:

> I have a Lexmark winwriter 150 C color printer which doesn't have an NT
> driver.
> I want to upgrade to NT 4.0 but don't want to pay out for a new printer.
> How difficult would it be to write my own driver for NT.
> I use turbo pascal 7 or delphi 1

Oh! Look in the Windows chapter of the TP-links site for more
information
about driver programming - especially for WinNT.
You will notice that this will not be a typical job for Pascal.

Franz Glaser

Other Threads