Sending keystrokes to a DOS-app

I have some DOS-programs which requires a certain sequence of keystrokes
to be pressed to skip some informations-screens.  Is there a way in
delphi to generate such a sequence, or do I have to write some kind of
memory resident program to complete such a task ?  Is it possible at all
?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

If possible please respond (if any) by E-mail, as I don't get to check
this group as often as I'd like to.
--
--------------------
   Lars Lindgaard

Re:Sending keystrokes to a DOS-app

Hi Lars,

Lars Lindgaard <lindg...@online.no> wrote in article
<347B559E.412D8...@online.no>...

> I have some DOS-programs which requires a certain sequence of keystrokes
> to be pressed to skip some informations-screens.  Is there a way in
> delphi to generate such a sequence, or do I have to write some kind of
> memory resident program to complete such a task ?  Is it possible at all

At the risk of sounding sacriligeous in this newsgroup, I have written a VB
module that does just this. You may be able to mod this to suit Delphi (if
you do please send this to me).

It is a VB module called PushKeys, which you can get from
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download section. It has full
source, a VB test app, and a help file. It is syntax compatible to the VB
SendKeys command.

PushKeys uses the Win32 API to do its stuff, so at the very least, it
should point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps.
--
Christopher Latta <cla...@ozemail.com.aux>
Remove last "x" to send non-spam email