D3: Toolbar button picture don't appear on some PC's

Hi gang,

I asked this question some months ago and got the answer but
shamefully forgot it.

I've got a Delphi 3 program that uses the new style "Cool Bar"
that ships with Delphi 3. However, when I run the app on some
PC's, the toolbar icons don't display...they're just a bunch
of buttons without pictures.

Someone told me that a particular DLL had to be present on
the system for the toolbar to work right. Can someone refresh
me as to the name of this DLL. TIA.

 - Dave
cyg...@mcs.com

Re:D3: Toolbar button picture don't appear on some PC's

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:55:15 -0600, "David M. Fornalsky" <cyg...@mcs.com> wrote:

>Hi gang,

>I asked this question some months ago and got the answer but
>shamefully forgot it.

>I've got a Delphi 3 program that uses the new style "Cool Bar"
> Can someone refresh me as to the name of this DLL. TIA.

> - Dave
>cyg...@mcs.com

From the Delphi 3 online help file:
Note:   The cool bar component requires version 4.70 or later of COMCTL.DLL.

jcko...@4dcomm.com
----------------------------------
. . .lonely man cries for love and has none. . .

jcko...@4dcomm.com (jcko...@4dcomm.com) escribio:
: On Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:55:15 -0600, "David M. Fornalsky" <cyg...@mcs.com> wrote:
: >Hi gang,
: >
: >I asked this question some months ago and got the answer but
: >shamefully forgot it.
: >
: >I've got a Delphi 3 program that uses the new style "Cool Bar"
: > Can someone refresh me as to the name of this DLL. TIA.
: >
: > - Dave
: >cyg...@mcs.com
: From the Delphi 3 online help file:
: Note: The cool bar component requires version 4.70 or later of COMCTL.DLL.

: jcko...@4dcomm.com

  Despite of having the right version of COMCTL.DLL properly installed
  there is still a problem when displaying the icons on a CoolBar.
  You must apply the changes done in the TImageList editor, pressing the
  Ok button seems to work, but may be some changes not saved to the
  component doing only Ok. I had to rebuild the ImageLists of my cool
  bar three times before i notice the difference between applying and Oking.

  This was the only explanation i could found without start thinking on
  obscure bugs when storing ImageList or worst things... :-)

  Regards.
--
  Ricardo Mones Lastra - wmas...@aic.uniovi.es
  Centro de Inteligencia Artificial, Universidad de Oviedo en Gijon

Re:D3: Toolbar button picture don't appear on some PC's

In article: <01bcf4cd$0e58b9a0$9e3b868b@craig>  "Craig van Nieuwkerk"

<crai...@melbpc.org.au> writes:

> In Internet Explorer 4 the DLL ctrl3d32.dll (I think thats what its
> called), has been changed. On PCs with IE4 they may not be able to see the
> bitmaps. The general fix? Dont install IE4 under any circumstances.

how about : see various web sites for fix details. You comment is obstructive since you don't say why
not. And someone else must say why.
--

Greg Lorriman co. inc. & sons Ltd

Other Threads