Object Repository Options?

Hi All,
   I'm new to Delphi 2.0 and so far it seems wonderful. I have had
some previous Turbo Pascal experience but had since moved to
C++ and found the learning curve to high for Windows development.
Anyways, I am reading the 'Teach yourself Delphi 2.0 in 21 days"
book from Osier, Grobman and Batson. So far it has been a good
read and I enjoy their humor. On the other hand it is plagued with
typos not only in the code but in the text.

For my problem, on pg. 151 they show the Object Reposity Options
screen. If I click on TOOLS | REPOSITORY, I get another screen
that has the title "Object Repository". It looks completely different
from the screen shot in that it has no tabs on the optoions you
can choose. I checked the Online Help and have not found the way to
see the Options screen. I am using the developer edition of Delphi
if that makes a difference.

So, did Borland change the looks of the screen last minute or am I
missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim "Delphite in training!"

Re:Object Repository Options?

Jim Serio wrote:

> Hi All,
> SNIP
> Anyways, I am reading the 'Teach yourself Delphi 2.0 in 21 days"
> book from Osier, Grobman and Batson. So far it has been a good
> read and I enjoy their humor. On the other hand it is plagued with
> typos not only in the code but in the text.

> For my problem, on pg. 151 they show the Object Reposity Options
> screen. If I click on TOOLS | REPOSITORY, I get another screen
> that has the title "Object Repository". It looks completely different
> from the screen shot in that it has no tabs on the optoions you
> Jim "Delphite in training!"

Go to Sams home page and you can download the source code (errors
corrected).

Bill

j...@rollercoaster.com (Jim Serio) wrote:
>Hi All,
>   I'm new to Delphi 2.0 and so far it seems wonderful. I have had
>some previous Turbo Pascal experience but had since moved to
>C++ and found the learning curve to high for Windows development.
>Anyways, I am reading the 'Teach yourself Delphi 2.0 in 21 days"
>book from Osier, Grobman and Batson. So far it has been a good
>read and I enjoy their humor. On the other hand it is plagued with
>typos not only in the code but in the text.
>For my problem, on pg. 151 they show the Object Reposity Options
>screen. If I click on TOOLS | REPOSITORY, I get another screen
>that has the title "Object Repository". It looks completely different
>from the screen shot in that it has no tabs on the optoions you
>can choose. I checked the Online Help and have not found the way to
>see the Options screen. I am using the developer edition of Delphi
>if that makes a difference.
>So, did Borland change the looks of the screen last minute or am I
>missing something.
>Thanks in advance for any help.

The reason why the screen looks different in the book is because it
was a last minute change in Delphi.  Although I've never read the
book, these screen shots were probably taken from the beta.  They used
the beta because if they waited for the official release, the book
would probably be released next month.

There are probably some differences in the main menu as well.  They
may also have avoided some other important topics because most of the
betas had some significant bugs in some of the new features.

There are very few differences between the three versions of Delphi
v2.0.  Most of the differences are in the tools (SQL Links, ODBC, etc)
and in the number of components provided.

Mike Sherrane

sherr...@bluemtn.com                            blue mountain software

We hire the best technical people in the world.  We expect them
to have good ideas and strong opinions--not necessarily shared by
management. ;)  Our motto: "Work hard, have fun, make money."
[Delphi, VB, and other RAD technologies.  770-857-TECH, Atlanta]

>Jim "Delphite in training!"

sherr...@bluemtn.com                blue mountain software

Our motto: "Work hard,have fun,make money."
(Delphi,Progress,C++, & Rad.  Atlanta, Georgia. 770- 875-8324)

Other Threads