Can't run BDE Admin in Win 98 with Novell client

I have a program written in Delphi that runs fine in Win 95 with Novell 32
bit client version 3 under Novell 5.xx.  When I try to install this same
software on a new machine with Win 98 I can install but not load BDE admin -
it freezes up my system whenever I click on the icon (see below) in the
control panel.  A clue is that in the control panel BDE Admin shows up but
has a generic icon!

Anyone have experience with BDE 4.5.x (I also tried 5.xx - same problem) on
Win 98 with Novell 32 bit client V3.x running Novell 5.xx?