MPEG video files

Is there a way to play MPEG video files other than by M$ IE,
i. e. from a Delphi app? Third party component necessary?

TIA  ...  Andreas

Re:MPEG video files

Use the TMediaPlayer with the DeviceType property set to dtAutoSelect
and the file name with the .mpg extension in the FileName property :)

                Steve Bliss

Re:MPEG video files

Hi Andreas,

I have writen a component which wraps the MCI calls and enables you to play
MPEG video streams.  If you like, I can either give you the code to use the
MCI calls, or send you a copy of the component.  The component will play any
registered video type (ie, AVI, MPG, MOV etc).

Regards,

Stuart Johnson
xx_stua...@futureschool.com.au <- remove the xx to send emails.

Andreas Pawlik <andreas.paw...@augsburg.netsurf.de> wrote in message

> Is there a way to play MPEG video files other than by M$ IE,
> i. e. from a Delphi app? Third party component necessary?

> TIA  ...  Andreas

Re:MPEG video files

You can also use the TMediaPlayer VCL component, just put in the .mpg
file name and set the DeviceType property to dtAutoSelect.

        Steve Bliss

Re:MPEG video files

> Steve Bliss wrote:

> You can also use the TMediaPlayer VCL component, just put in the .mpg
> file name and set the DeviceType property to dtAutoSelect.

Thanx a lot, but maybe I should have told you that I had come to that
point already.  ;-)
The problem is that he keeps telling me 'cannot determine the device
type by the given filename extension', neither for *.mpe, *.mpg or
*.mpeg (all three extensions being declared in the registry).
BTW, working with D3 Pro, NT4 Sp3.

TIA for any further support  ...  Andreas

Re:MPEG video files

You need to have MS Active Movie installed, that is your problem.  If
you double click on an .mpg file in Explorer and it does not play then
this is proof that you do not have Active Movie Installed.  It is a M$
product, free for use.  I have sent you an e-mail with it attached :)

        Steve Bliss

Other Threads