Stored Procedure Qestions

Hi,

I have three questions about stored procedures (SP):

1. From within a SP how can I connect to a remote database and insert,
update, or delete records?

2. Is there a way to have a SP executed at regular intervals?

3. I am trying to get the value of SQLERROR and SQLCODE but whatever I try
does not seem to work:

        :
        :
        when SQLCODE -811 do
            err = 1;
        :
        :

I get an unknown token error pointing to the next line.

        :
        :
        whenever SQLCODE < 0 do
            err = 1;
        :
        :
I get an uknown token 'sqlcode' error.

Am I doing something wrong? Can these values be checked from within a SP?
Thanks for any help.

Neil

Re:Stored Procedure Qestions

In article <3c87f04b_2@dnews>, ndaw...@internap.com says...

> 1. From within a SP how can I connect to a remote database and insert,
> update, or delete records?

You can't

> 2. Is there a way to have a SP executed at regular intervals?

CRON, AT etc.

Re:Stored Procedure Qestions

1) You cannot. You will have to do this in the client application.
2) You will have to have a client application call the stored procedure at
regular intervals.
3) What do you mean by "doesn't seem to work"?

--
Bill