Pascal Dos program to Win32, if possible with this APP ?

I wrote a huge application called Navigate, what I need to know is how
much work it would take
to convert it to win32, DOS shell in newer OS's are becomming less
compatable and making
it harder for our customers to keep using the software.

The software allows you to track your boat on a chart using a GPS/Loran
unit.
The whole program runs in graphics only.

Here is what the application uses.
Async Professional 2.02 from Turbopower
  This handles all forms of communication with the com port, I think
  this was the best com port software for pascal ever made for dos.
  I have all the source code to this as well.
Graf/Drive Plus v 4.5 from M.K. Flemming
  This allows our program to print an image out to the printer.
  In win32, this part may not be needed since win32 runs under
  a windows invornment and windows own print screen would probably
  take it's place.  Correct me if I am wrong.
  Only have TPU's to this. I haven't been able to find the source code.
  But if it's not needed in win32 then good, it's easy to take out.
MetaWindow/386 v5.0 from MetaGraphics.
  The most heavily used part of the whole program.  This gives the
program
  the ability to draw graphics lines, rectangles all fancy graphics
stuff.
  I have all the source code to this as well.

The program runs in 640x480 I never changed it because a lot of the code

was hardcoded for 640x480.  The program works in 16 bit protected mode.
What I am hoping is just a simple recompile, but if I have to get all
new source
for Async pro and MetaWindows or newer versions then it's going to cause

the application to bug out and a {*word*99} load of work that I just won't do.

But if it's a simple recompile with just a few changes then I'll do it.

Thanks.

Re:Pascal Dos program to Win32, if possible with this APP ?

In article <3A11F553.19954...@mediaone.net>, Galvin wrote:
>  In win32, this part may not be needed since win32 runs under
>  a windows invornment and windows own print screen would probably
>  take it's place.  Correct me if I am wrong.
>  Only have TPU's to this. I haven't been able to find the source code.
>  But if it's not needed in win32 then good, it's easy to take out.
>MetaWindow/386 v5.0 from MetaGraphics.
>  The most heavily used part of the whole program.  This gives the
>program
>  the ability to draw graphics lines, rectangles all fancy graphics
>stuff.
>  I have all the source code to this as well.

>The program runs in 640x480 I never changed it because a lot of the code

>was hardcoded for 640x480.  The program works in 16 bit protected mode.
>What I am hoping is just a simple recompile, but if I have to get all
>new source
>for Async pro and MetaWindows or newer versions then it's going to cause

>the application to bug out and a {*word*99} load of work that I just won't do.

>But if it's a simple recompile with just a few changes then I'll do it.

Probably not. Mosttimes packages that are hardware related (ASync,
MetaWindows) are not portable. But you can give it a try.

Other Threads