{*word*193} Delphi Boo Boo

Im using Delphi c/s 3.02, Windows 98 and Office Pro 98.

The machines are all new, 128mb memory, dual 4gb drives.

If I format with Win 98 and then load Office everything is fine. When I
install Delphi I lose almost all the drivers for importing data into Access
97.

As a result I can no longer import text files to populate databases.
!!!!!!!!!!

Additionally Office gets corrupted as it no longer allows me to uninstall or
reinstall ODBC drivers anymore. I suspect a conflict with Delphi ODBC in
registry or something.

The problem is on all machines and is reproducible as required (or not
required in this case).
Any machine without Delphi can import - any with Delphi cant import.

HELP - please

Re:{*word*193} Delphi Boo Boo

You need to reinstall Access.  This is an intermittant problem (didn't happen
on my machine for instance) and started actually with BCB3.  Inprise is aware
of it but AFAIK they don't have a fix yet except to reinstall Access when this
occurs.

Jeff Overcash

In article <6qv7q1$8...@forums.borland.com>, "Steve" <theva...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Im using Delphi c/s 3.02, Windows 98 and Office Pro 98.

>The machines are all new, 128mb memory, dual 4gb drives.

>If I format with Win 98 and then load Office everything is fine. When I
>install Delphi I lose almost all the drivers for importing data into Access
>97.

>As a result I can no longer import text files to populate databases.

>Additionally Office gets corrupted as it no longer allows me to uninstall or
>reinstall ODBC drivers anymore. I suspect a conflict with Delphi ODBC in
>registry or something.

>The problem is on all machines and is reproducible as required (or not
>required in this case).
>Any machine without Delphi can import - any with Delphi cant import.

>HELP - please

Other Threads