Multiple ttx files and active data

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is ok to use multiple ttx files with crystal (8.5).
I have got it to display the data but occasionally get access violations
closing reports.

I am passing a recordset for the report header and another for the report
data.

I never had this problem before I started using active data - I have applied
the latest patch for 8.5 from crystal.

Thanks,

Joe Lippa.

Re:Multiple ttx files and active data

Having searched the crsytal forum for items like this, I have found others
having the same problem. Most answers include "multiple ttx files are not
supported by crystal" and "just use a single ttx file and dataset instead".

However when you have the requirement for separate header and details
datasets then there is obviously a problem. To use a single dataset to
resolve this issue would involve appending the header fields to every detail
record in the dataset....not very good!

Any ideas anyone?

"Joe Lippa" <joeli...@contactbox.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> Does anyone know if it is ok to use multiple ttx files with crystal (8.5).
> I have got it to display the data but occasionally get access violations
> closing reports.

> I am passing a recordset for the report header and another for the report
> data.

> I never had this problem before I started using active data - I have
applied
> the latest patch for 8.5 from crystal.

> Thanks,

> Joe Lippa.