novell5/win98/novell client32 3.0/bde 4.51/delphi 3.0 = no

I have a client which is using novell 5 as a server.  the client
workstations are all win98 with novell client32 version 3.0.  I've tried
several different machines and cannot get the bde installed on any of
them.  all the machines in this office are all running the same client
and win98.  the bde version is 4.51 and it does not put an icon in
control panel.  when I run it from the folder, it hangs the machines.

Is anyone out there have an installation with these specs and have it
working?