Nested DB Transactions

Hi guys

This is the scenario

A video club with Members, Videos, Sales and other stuff.
In the Trans MDI Window I can Rent videos , Receive videos and sell articles
to the members of the club.

What i want to do is to have 5-10 members minimized waiting for they select
videos, and consume they want. I solve this using a MDI windows, and it
seems fine.

But, I can't make nested DB.StartTransaction calls because raise an error. I
want use it, because in this process are 6 tables involved with relationship
betwen them, and i don't want loose any kind of data.

What can I do ?

THX in advance
Jos Romero
Venezuela
netvi...@telcel.net.ve

Excuse my English, :-((

Re:Nested DB Transactions

Jos Romero wrote:

> Hi guys

> This is the scenario

> A video club with Members, Videos, Sales and other stuff.
> In the Trans MDI Window I can Rent videos , Receive videos and sell articles
> to the members of the club.

> What i want to do is to have 5-10 members minimized waiting for they select
> videos, and consume they want. I solve this using a MDI windows, and it
> seems fine.

> But, I can't make nested DB.StartTransaction calls because raise an error. I
> want use it, because in this process are 6 tables involved with relationship
> betwen them, and i don't want loose any kind of data.

> What can I do ?

> THX in advance
> Jos Romero
> Venezuela
> netvi...@telcel.net.ve

> Excuse my English, :-((

If your using MDI, it sounds like your accessing your DB through
one connection.

Perhaps you might try to use TDatabase/TSession to allow you to have
multiple queries open!

Good Luck and MXmas!

Railton....

Other Threads