SOLVED! (Problems with Delphi 2006 - any solutions or is XP Home Edition to blame?)

2006-05-18 04:36:22 PM
delphi196
Thanks for the replies.
It turned out that, for some reason, the installer was setting all the file
permissions in the BDS folder and all subfolders to read-only (even for
administrators). When I used CACLS.EXE to reset the permissions to full,
then I was suddenly able to run Borland .NET as well as CSharp Builder
without problems. I then was able to use the Repair command in the
installer to get it to complete the install without the error about being
unable to generate BdpDataSources.xml.
I don't know why the installer was setting all the file permissions to
Read-Only (and I have the latest version of Windows Installer).
One other issue is that it says an RSS feed can not be loaded and to check my
internet connection, but nothing is wrong with the internet connection.
J.

Re:SOLVED! (Problems with Delphi 2006 - any solutions or is XP Home Edition to blame?)

Jay writes:
One other issue is that it says an RSS feed can not be loaded and to
check my internet connection, but nothing is wrong with the internet
connection.
Open up IE, go to a website, and hit refresh, see if it works then
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re:SOLVED! (Problems with Delphi 2006 - any solutions or is XP Home Edition to blame?)

<<Open up IE, go to a website, and hit refresh, see if it works then>>
Refresh in IE works, but the RSS feed in Delphi 2006 still doesn't.

Re:SOLVED! (Problems with Delphi 2006 - any solutions or is XP Home Edition to blame?)

but the RSS feed in Delphi 2006 still doesn't.

There is something in the readme.htm about RSS feeds
and lowering the default internet security for
Windows Server 2003, not sure if "Home" could have the
same issue.
--Craig