Excel Version - again sorry

2004-09-07 06:55:13 PM
delphi245
Hi, I seemed to have lost the post I would sent about trying to get the version
number of Excel that is installed using Early Binding;
yes, with late binding it is easy,
aExcel := GetActiveOleObject('Excel.Application');
ExcelVersion := aExcel.version;
aExcel.quit;
but early binding using something like
TExcelApplication.Connect;
ExcelVersion := ......
is difficult because I can not find where object 'version' is a property of.
Someone originally replied that it was of TExcelApplication but that doesn't
seem to work. Does anyone have any thoughts please?
Cheers
David

Re:Excel Version - again sorry

<<David Smith:
Someone originally replied that it was of TExcelApplication
but that doesn't seem to work.

ExcelApplication1.Connect;
ExcelVersion :=
ExcelApplication1.Version[LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT];
should work. If it doesn't, please tell us what 'not
seeming to work' looks like. :)
--
Deborah Pate (TeamB) delphi-jedi.org
TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs