Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

2007-12-04 01:07:15 AM
delphi8
" Tom Corey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

The very fact that I know what that means supports the "old" part of my
claims :-)
I thought you might be an Arlo-era guy like me. :^)
Van

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

Eugene Mayevski writes:
The dictionary says that "meter" is used in US English as a unit of
distance. So it is not about [mis]spelling, but about the language
traditions. There are many such differences between US and UK English.
One could argue that English is what the English speak and write. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

Pete Fraser writes:
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be directed at you, rather the definitions
in the header files. I was commenting on the fact that the Metre was
defined by France (AFAIK) who spell it Metre and the US who as far as
I know use miles/feet/inches spell it Meter.
It is probably like center and centre, or theater and theatre. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

"Q Correll" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
TJC,

| And you can sit beside this one on the "Group W" bench any time.

Hey! We've got quite a nice little group forming up here. ;-)
borland.delphi.crotchety.old.bastard
<raises hand>
EdB

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

One could argue that English is what the English speak and write. <g>
One would lose that argument. :-)
--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

edbored,
| borland.delphi.crotchety.old.bastard
|
| <raises hand>
ROFLMAO!
12/03/2007 12:02:07
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

"edbored" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

borland.delphi.crotchety.old.bastard

<raises hand>
Hi, my name's Van and I am a C.O.B. You can join us on the bench, but don't
sit right there, that is where I set my crackers and Geritol at
snack-time..... :^)
Van

TJC Support writes:
And you can sit beside this one on the "Group W" bench any time.
"Group W" is where they put you ... [FX: Slaps head]
I've got both the LP and CD. :-)
... Joe
Member of the UK Developers Group

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

Tom Corey writes:
I've seen Arlo perform it live. Very cool. In an old-guy kind of way.
Lucky you. Best I can claim is the LP, the CD and having seen the
film.

Q Correll writes:
Hey! We've got quite a nice little group forming up here. ;-)
Funny; quite often if someone is side-tracking too much, I will come out
with "Alice, remember Alice, this is a song about Alice". It does stop
the rambling, but I usually just get blank looks, as most people don't
have a clue what I am talking about,
... Joe
Member of the UK Developers Group

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

Joe,
| Funny; quite often if someone is side-tracking too much, I will come
| out with "Alice, remember Alice, this is a song about Alice". It
| does stop the rambling, but I usually just get blank looks, as most
| people don't have a clue what I am talking about,
<g>
12/03/2007 13:43:46
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

TJC,
| And while we're 'fessing up to things, I will have to admit that.....I
| don't want a pickle...
How 'bout a cracker?
12/03/2007 13:57:07
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

"Joe Griffin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Group W" is where they put you ... [FX: Slaps head]
Well, they used to. But we overthrew the establishment nearly 30 years ago
and moved the Group W bench into the restaurant. Don't believe it? I have
photos! With lines and circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
each one explaining what each one is. :^)
And while we're 'fessing up to things, I will have to admit that.....I don't
want a pickle....
Van

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

"Q Correll" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

How 'bout a cracker?
Nah, doesn't rhyme with motor-sickle.
Van

Re: Conversion component Meter/Feet-Inch

TJC,
| Nah, doesn't rhyme with motor-sickle.
<commenting aborted before the Thread Police show up ;->
12/03/2007 16:19:31
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]