Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

2005-04-11 06:56:54 PM
delphi11
Take a look at
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

Hello,
I just upgraded my developer machine with SP1 for windows 2003. The
machine runs under windows 2003 without service pack without problems.
I could start delphi, create a datamodule and drop a TAdoConnection on
it. After installing SP 1 I get an
---------------------------
Project1: Project1.exe - Entrypoint not found
---------------------------
the entry point "DefWindowProcI" was not found in DLL "MSDART.DLL".
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
The error occurs in ADODB.pas in CoCreateInstance in
function CreateADOObject(const ClassID: TGUID): IUnknown;
var
FPUControlWord: Word;
begin
asm
FNSTCW FPUControlWord
end;
Status := CoCreateInstance(ClassID, nil, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER or
CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, IUnknown, Result);
I looked in the MSDART.DLL on a windows 2003 without SP 1 and there is
a DefWindowsProcI in it. In the MSDART.DLL of SP 1 there is no
prcoedure DefWindowsProcI anymore.
How to fix the problem?
Thanks
Stefan Westner

Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

Hello Vitali,
please read my posting carefully - I have not a problem with the
GetUIMS but with the DefWindowsProcI. In my dllcache there is no
msdart.dll which could be copied over in the system32-directory. I have
two msdart.dll on my whole system - both are identically:
c:\windows\system32\msdart.dll
c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\msdart.dll
Both have version 2.82.1830.0 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)
Other suggestions?
Thanks
Stefan Westner
Vitali Kalinin writes:
Take a look at
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

Stefan... I have experienced this up close and personal. The problem is
either a corrupted or incomplete or bad version of MDAC.
The machines that I was dealing with happened to be xp machines which it
turns out were notorious for not allowing you to change or update files...
etc.
I am lucky to have a helpdesk who is responsible for machine configuration
and they had to do it. But basically they used microsoft tools to determine
the 'configuration' of the MDAC to report a list of conflicting files or
determine which version was installed.
They had to go into safe mode on the machine and manually replace the files
included in the desired version of MDAC to make it all right... it was a
HUGE pain in the rear and took a long time... but it worked.
Don't bother with just the one DLL... it is the whole package... you have to
get the MDAC right...
Let us know how it goes!
"Stefan Westner" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[...]

Hello Betsy,
you seem to be right. I checked it on a second PC with Win 2003 SP 1
and on that one all worked fine. It really seems to be a problem with
the ADO-files on that PC. Funny is that before update SP 1 all worked
fine. The only difference between the two PCs is that on the PC with
the error the SP 1 was installed with the SU-Server and the other PC
gets the SP 1 manually on it. I wil compare the files in the
system32-directory of the two PCs - perhaps I have luck...
Thanks
Stefan

>Hello,
>
>I just upgraded my developer machine with SP1 for windows 2003. The
>machine runs under windows 2003 without service pack without
>problems. I could start delphi, create a datamodule and drop a
>TAdoConnection on it. After installing SP 1 I get an
>
>---------------------------
>Project1: Project1.exe - Entrypoint not found
>---------------------------
>the entry point "DefWindowProcI" was not found in DLL "MSDART.DLL".
>---------------------------
>OK
>---------------------------
>
>The error occurs in ADODB.pas in CoCreateInstance in
>
>function CreateADOObject(const ClassID: TGUID): IUnknown;
>var
>FPUControlWord: Word;
>begin
>asm
>FNSTCW FPUControlWord
>end;
>Status := CoCreateInstance(ClassID, nil, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER or
>CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, IUnknown, Result);
>
>I looked in the MSDART.DLL on a windows 2003 without SP 1 and there
>is a DefWindowsProcI in it. In the MSDART.DLL of SP 1 there is no
>prcoedure DefWindowsProcI anymore.
>
>How to fix the problem?
>
>Thanks
>
>Stefan Westner

Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

Problem fixed. For some reason the SP 1-Update didn't update some
OLEDB-files in program files\shared
components\microsoft\system\oledb....
Strange....

>Hello,
>
>I just upgraded my developer machine with SP1 for windows 2003. The
>machine runs under windows 2003 without service pack without
>problems. I could start delphi, create a datamodule and drop a
>TAdoConnection on it. After installing SP 1 I get an
>
>---------------------------
>Project1: Project1.exe - Entrypoint not found
>---------------------------
>the entry point "DefWindowProcI" was not found in DLL "MSDART.DLL".
>---------------------------
>OK
>---------------------------
>
>The error occurs in ADODB.pas in CoCreateInstance in
>
>function CreateADOObject(const ClassID: TGUID): IUnknown;
>var
>FPUControlWord: Word;
>begin
>asm
>FNSTCW FPUControlWord
>end;
>Status := CoCreateInstance(ClassID, nil, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER or
>CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, IUnknown, Result);
>
>I looked in the MSDART.DLL on a windows 2003 without SP 1 and there
>is a DefWindowsProcI in it. In the MSDART.DLL of SP 1 there is no
>prcoedure DefWindowsProcI anymore.
>
>How to fix the problem?
>
>Thanks
>
>Stefan Westner

Re: Delphi 7, TAdoConnection, Windows 2003 SP 1, MSDart.dll

Good job Stefan!