D7 oon Windows 2003 server Standard Edition SP1 error

2005-07-03 12:36:05 AM
delphi20
Hi!
I have installed Delphi 7 on clean box (AMD 64 with 1GB RAM, nForce 3) and have
two errors:
1) I cannot open Delphi 7 without exception (IDE Translation bpl
problem)-it is resolved by removing them from packages
2) I cannot open Project|Options page when new empty project is opened (I
get access violation). When I close it (no project in IDE) Project|Options
page is opened without problems
What I need from Borland is:
1) Is Delphi 7 certified to work on W2k3 server SP1?
2) If not what win2k3 is reccomended to use (without SP1 maybe)??
I need theese answer to start testing some enviroments...so I hope you
understand my worries if Delphi is not working as it should...
THX!
P.S.
Win 2003 server is must platform (Standard or Enterprise is something that
could be negotiable) but I just need some respond from Borland on that
subject
P.S.II
This bug (problem) is confirmed on your news group by some
XXXX@XXXXX.COM so it looks like Win-Delphi miscompatibilty (where
Delphi is not a guilty part but waiting on MS respond should leave me to
eternaty!)
;-)
THX!

Re:D7 oon Windows 2003 server Standard Edition SP1 error

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[...]

The platform is:
32 bit version of Windows 2003 Server Stanrds with Sp1 (no aditional
updates!)

>Hi!
>
>I have installed Delphi 7 on clean box (AMD 64 with 1GB RAM, nForce 3) and have
>two errors:
>1) I cannot open Delphi 7 without exception (IDE Translation bpl
>problem)-it is resolved by removing them from packages
>2) I cannot open Project|Options page when new empty project is opened (I
>get access violation). When I close it (no project in IDE)
>Project|Options page is opened without problems
>
>What I need from Borland is:
>1) Is Delphi 7 certified to work on W2k3 server SP1?
>2) If not what win2k3 is reccomended to use (without SP1 maybe)??
>
>I need theese answer to start testing some enviroments...so I hope you
>understand my worries if Delphi is not working as it should...
>
>THX!
>
>P.S.
>
>Win 2003 server is must platform (Standard or Enterprise is something
>that could be negotiable) but I just need some respond from Borland on
>that subject
>
>P.S.II
>
>This bug (problem) is confirmed on your news group by some
>XXXX@XXXXX.COM so it looks like Win-Delphi miscompatibilty (where
>Delphi is not a guilty part but waiting on MS respond should leave me to
>eternaty!)
>;-)
>THX!

The platform is:
32 bit version of Windows 2003 Server Stanrds with Sp1 (no aditional
updates!)

I have found that if you turn off "Data Execution Prevent" thenn all look
OK!
This may help someone and "thanks" to the Borland support for quick respond
for this issue which will involve many developers!

Re:D7 oon Windows 2003 server Standard Edition SP1 error

How can I turn off "Data Execution Prevent"? I have another problem with
Delphi 7 and W2k3 Server and I want to try what you've done. Where can I
founf this option?
Thanks
Carles
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Carles Ureņa writes:
How can I turn off "Data Execution Prevent"? I have another problem with
Delphi 7 and W2k3 Server and I want to try what you've done. Where can I
founf this option?
It should be under the System properties, one of the advanced tab or
performance tab buttons.
-Brion

Re:D7 oon Windows 2003 server Standard Edition SP1 error

>How can I turn off "Data Execution Prevent"? I have another problem with
>Delphi 7 and W2k3 Server and I want to try what you've done. Where can I
>find this option?
It should be under the System properties, one of the advanced tab or performance tab buttons.
Yes. On Windows 2003 it is under:
My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Performance Settings - Data Execution Prevention
I don't know yet, where they are going to put it on Windows 2300.