Re: HTTP Post for large text

2008-01-31 05:41:53 PM
delphi137
Hi Dennis,
Yes, that would be the last resort for me to do if all else fails.
Thanks
Andy
"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Andy" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Hi Marc,
>
>I am using classic ASP. I have no control of the server as it is a
>hosting company so changing the configuration parameter could be
>out of the question. What tools would you suggest I look into for
>my purpose?

Why don't you put you xml data in an xml file and just upload it to your
server? Where is the data going? What's its destination? Once the file
is on the server, perhaps you can "process" it accordingly there.

-d

Re: HTTP Post for large text

"Andy" schrieb:
Hi Danijel,

Looks like a good candidate. Thanks for the tip.

Can it handle a fair size of text when posting to an ASP server
page (WriteHeader?)?
Strings of any size (limited only by your available memory) can be sent in a
single call, if that is what you want. If you do not have the string in
memory and would like to send a large file, there are examples for doing
this by using as little or as much memory as you want. You can find more
information and a working sample in the Quick Start folder of the RTC SDK
package, as well as a step-by-step guide on RTC Forums (Quick Start):
www.realthinclient.com/forum
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec

Re: HTTP Post for large text

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:56:50 +0530, Dennis Landi writes:
Why don't you put you xml data in an xml file and just upload it to your
server? Where is the data going? What's its destination? Once the file is
on the server, perhaps you can "process" it accordingly there.
If the server is configured to limit incoming request sizes then this
wouldn't help.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Re: HTTP Post for large text

Hi Danijel,
That is fabulous. I will definitely give it a good spin. Looks like a good
option for me.
Thanks for the good work.
Andy
"Danijel Tkalcec" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Marc Rohloff [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:56:50 +0530, Dennis Landi writes:

>Why don't you put you xml data in an xml file and just upload it to your
>server? Where is the data going? What's its destination? Once the file
>is
>on the server, perhaps you can "process" it accordingly there.

If the server is configured to limit incoming request sizes then this
wouldn't help.

That's true.
-d

Re: HTTP Post for large text

Hi Danijel,
I am able to work with the components reasonably well and it was able
to send to the HTTP server. At least I think it is but the receiving ASP
script seems to hang as it received the large XML string and trying to
process it. What would be a good way to receive and show progress on
the HTTP side? I never waited for the ASP script to complete because
it was taking too long.
Thanks for the great work with the components.