Crystal reports 9 Merge modules...

2003-08-06 12:02:15 PM
delphi154
i dont know if this is the right place to ask but since alot of you use
crystal reports i figure one of you has the anser ...
i'm trying to deploy my application i am using the Crystal report VCL
component in my delphi 7 application and i have some rpt files i wish to
distribute with my application...I am using install shield Express 4.0 sp1..
all is good to this point, but it seems i need a merge module to distribute
the application, now .. all i can find is a merge module with the VB.NET
runtimes... Grrr...
"cr9netmergemodules.zip"
I tried instaling the various dll's thru installshield but i still{*word*150}an
error runing my application.
If there is another solution ? or can someone point me to the right Merge
module ?
Thank you.
Sandro
P.S. : i did ask crystal for help... but you know how that works out... i'm
still waiting.

Re:Crystal reports 9 Merge modules...

thank you.. that worked just fine on windows ME NT and XP ...
but it dosent work at all on windows 98 ans SE...
does any of you ever got CR 9 to work on windows 98 ?
most of my clients still use windows 98 ...."unfourtunatly"
Sandro ,
"Brion L. Webster" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Sandro Noel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote...
>i'm trying to deploy my application i am using the Crystal report VCL
>component in my delphi 7 application and i have some rpt files i wish to
>distribute with my application...I am using install shield Express 4.0
sp1..

With Crystal 8, I just deploy selected DLL's in my app's executable
directory.
Crystal's runtime deployment file sucks, and please don't clutter up my
system
folder or overwrite that {*word*193} third party app that only works with it's
proprietary custom mod to Crystal.

Crpaig80.dll
crpe32.dll
implode.dll
Msvcp60.dll
P2smon.dll

Plus whatever u2 files you need to support exports you want.

--
-Brion
Team JEDI, 2001 Spirit of Delphi Award Winners

Re:Crystal reports 9 Merge modules...

"Sandro Noel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote...
does any of you ever got CR 9 to work on windows 98 ?
most of my clients still use windows 98 ...."unfourtunatly"
Windows 9x isn't unicode compliant, is it? That was the big deal about CR9?
I don't really know, I have stuck with CR8 for a long time now.
--
-Brion
Team JEDI, 2001 Spirit of Delphi Award Winners
www.delphi-jedi.org
Fresno Area Delphi Users Group

Re:Crystal reports 9 Merge modules...

i did in stall the unicode pack from microsoft . actualy it is a litle DLL
unicows.dll that need be placed in the system folder.
but that still dones not resolve my problem...
Sandro .
thank you for your help All !
"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com>writes
"Brion L. Webster" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message
3f33fe17$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Windows 9x isn't unicode compliant, is it?

I believe that it can be if you install the special Unicode pack from
Microsoft.

Cheers,
Ignacio

--
No, don't send me e-mail directly. No, just don't.