Dale Fuller resigns.

2005-07-08 06:25:14 AM
delphi138
If its working then dont touch it, but if it is not, take it apart, and try
again.
www.marke{*word*53}ch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp
Delphi can do great, it has great minds willing to move forward, but they
need a good visionaire.
Delphi Programming Blog
estebanp.blogspot.com

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

Let me add that i think the Delphi 2005 initial problems (most of it is
solved now) hurt sales. Based on web popularity charts, Delphi got a great
momentum on Delphi 2005 shipping date, it was a great moment to do things
right.
But maybe top management decisions hurt the final product.
I'm living the same situation right now, i was just assigned to a huge
project, they want it out in 3 months, and there is no way in hearth that it
will be fully ready in such a short time, they are not listening, and the
customers will really regret if we continue with this plan. So the big
number of contractors we have, if the project gets cancelled if it fails on
delivery.
I cant blame the troopers down there, sometimes the right thing is not what
the big bosses want.
Delphi Programming Blog
estebanp.blogspot.com
"Esteban Pacheco" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Esteban Pacheco writes:
If its working then dont touch it, but if it is not, take it apart, and try
again.

www.marke{*word*53}ch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp

Delphi can do great, it has great minds willing to move forward, but they
need a good visionaire.

Delphi Programming Blog
estebanp.blogspot.com

I see this as a great thing as many of the wrong decisions have occurred
on his watch. I am sure that he did some things right, but we all know
that he did many things wrong. Now maybe a true software leader can
take the helm and bring the company to a higher level.

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

I think this is a good thing. I have long maintained that while Dale was
the right man to lead Borland out of the Pizzaman Daze, those same skills
that worked so well there are not as well suited for the continuing ongoing
management of a firm like Borland. Anyone who doubts I said this can google
for my statement.
D2005 before the patches was easily grounds for Dale's dismissal IMHO.

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

I see this as a great thing as many of the wrong decisions have occurred
on his watch. I am sure that he did some things right, but we all know
that he did many things wrong. Now maybe a true software leader can
take the helm and bring the company to a higher level.
I think when he started at Borland the company was literally weeks from
going under. Remember that whole Corel saga? He got it back to being a
profitable organisation which hopefully it can stay (although recently this
has been harder). I'd like to see a CEO who is more product technology
focused and can make moves improve the rapidly lowering of product quality.
Craig, www.h3k.biz

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

Scion writes:
Now maybe a true software leader can take the helm and bring the company
to a higher level.
<raises hand>
<gets a stern look from dah missus>
<hangs head, lowers hand>
--
Ben

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

At 01:24:06, 08.07.2005, Ben Hochstrasser writes:
Scion writes:

>Now maybe a true software leader can take the helm and bring the
>company to a higher level.

<raises hand>
<gets a stern look from dah missus>
<hangs head, lowers hand>
The term SWMBO (pronounced: swimbo) seems appropriate.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>>Now maybe a true software leader can take the helm and bring the
>>company to a higher level.
>
><raises hand>
><gets a stern look from dah missus>
><hangs head, lowers hand>

The term SWMBO (pronounced: swimbo) seems appropriate.
SWHBBO. ;-)
--
Ben

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

Captain Jake writes:
Dale's dismissal
He resigned.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

"Esteban Pacheco" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
If its working then dont touch it, but if it is not, take it apart, and try
again.

www.marke{*word*53}ch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp

Delphi can do great, it has great minds willing to move forward, but they
need a good visionaire.

Delphi Programming Blog
estebanp.blogspot.com

Quite honestly I wasnít surprised , I use Delphi 7 on a daily basis because it is still the most productive tool avalable , but lately I havenít bothered even checking these newsgroups on new delevlopments until I heard this news. Since the release of Delphi 8 itís felt more like Inprise than Borland. Delphi 8 was the first Borland product I returned for a refund and havenít purchased a Borland product since. Iím hoping when this dotnet fad ends they will get back on track before itís too late. Until then I wonít even think about rewarding them with anymore business.

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Captain Jake writes:

>Dale's dismissal

He resigned.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
That is not what was said - "D2005 before the patches was easily grounds for

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

Justin Martin writes:
That is not what was said - "D2005 before the patches was easily
grounds for Dale's dismissal IMHO"
I can see how it can be read either way.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

He realized that it is futile to fight Chrome;)
Kostya

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

The best news to come out of Borland in 10 years. Thank Goodness! Maybe
now it can get back to being a software company that builds top notch
development tools.
Mark

Re:Dale Fuller resigns.

The best news to come out of Borland in 10 years. Thank Goodness! Maybe
now it can get back to being a software company that builds top notch
development tools.

You think so? If it weren't for Dale Fuller Borland would have stopped
existing 10 years ago.
Craig, www.h3k.biz