instaling 2005 with d-7

2005-08-13 02:50:32 PM
delphi71
<<sorry, accidentally written to wrong newsgroup>>
I have just purchased Delphi2005 Arch. I have not installed it yet. I
develop professinally on the machine I intend to install D2005 and cannot
afford to loose the use of d-7 ent. I am not sure that D2005 will be able
to recompile my apps since I am using many custom components. I do have all
the source but have not upgraded them to dot net.
For this reason, I am leary about installing this new version.
Does D-7 and D2005 play well together?

Re:instaling 2005 with d-7

Larry Killen schreef:

Does D-7 and D2005 play well together?

I have D2005 and Delphi 7 on the same machine, no problems at all.
Just make sure that you always install the older version first.
At one time I had D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 and Delphi 6 on the same PC without any problems.
Danny
---

Re:instaling 2005 with d-7

Thanks Danny
At one time I had D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 and Delphi 6 on the same PC without any
problems.
That is "the ready for bear" setup ;)
Danny
---