Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

2007-06-23 01:13:20 AM
delphi174
"Joe Hendricks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Chris Rolliston writes:
>So, why not downgrade to TP 1 and be done with it?

Excellent advice! My system is SO much faster now! Cool!

Uh...anyone have any tips on writing a db-driven Intraweb
site in TP 1?

Can't seem to find it in the help file.
I know you guys are kidding, but seriously, D5 is used by many and it keeps
rocketing along. You could do a lot worse than programming daily in D5.
Wow, if D2008 was as beautiful a product as D5 CodeGear would be sold
immedietly to the highest bidder.
-Johnnie

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

Joe Hendricks schrieb:
Chris Rolliston writes:
>So, why not downgrade to TP 1 and be done with it?

Excellent advice! My system is SO much faster now! Cool!

Uh...anyone have any tips on writing a db-driven Intraweb
site in TP 1?

Can't seem to find it in the help file.

Oh, you're showing us you didn't really try TP 1, since TP1 has no help
file afaik (at leat none in the IDE). ;-)
Greetings
Markus

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

Markus.Humm writes:
Oh, you're showing us you didn't really try TP 1, since TP1 has no help
file afaik (at leat none in the IDE). ;-)
No, really, when I hit F1 it takes me here:
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8430/pascal.html
:-)
JoeH

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Chris Morgan writes:
Because it seemed a good idea at the time probably.
3 or 4 years ago, Microsoft was really hyping .NET as the future
of almost literally everything. There were rumours that
the next OS would be .NET-based, Office would be re-written
in .NET, etc...
Borland just jumped on the bandwagon along with a lot of
other people.
If you intend to go into the .net tools area it seems like not a
bad strategy to use it to write serious applications, and, no
doubt, learn a huge lot in the process. Sort of "eat your own dog
food" strategy. Wasn't the first Delphi IDE written in Delphi as a
proving/testing/learning exercise?
--
Tony Bryer SDA UK 'Software to build on' www.sda.co.uk
Software Industry Conference 2007 sponsor www.sic.org

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

"Joe Hendricks"
Uh...anyone have any tips on writing a db-driven Intraweb
site in TP 1?

Can't seem to find it in the help file.
For developing Web Apps in TP 1.0 u must download .NET Ultra Compact
Framework for DOS.

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

I know you guys are kidding, but seriously, D5 is used by many and it
keeps
rocketing along. You could do a lot worse than programming daily in D5.
Oh, I don't know. Fully patched D4 was (is) pretty good, and you still
have TAction in the VCL and dynamic arrays, method overloading and default
parameters in the language...

Re: Delphi IDE - Why .Net?

Johnnie Norsworthy writes:
I know you guys are kidding, but seriously, D5 is used by many and it
keeps rocketing along. You could do a lot worse than programming
daily in D5.
Oddly enough, I would be doing worse if I wasn't using Delphi 2007.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]