Problem using MAPI (EMail attachments are not seen by recepient using Eudora)

Hello there,

I am using Delphi 2.0 and made an application that gives the opportunity to
send EMail and Faxes (Mailing Faxes and EMails at the same time) through
Microsoft Exchange (Windows 95). It supports also Thai Language (Thailand)
and English language.
I found a Internet document in Altavista that explains how to use the MAPI
structures and functions to send EMails through a Delphi application.
You can see this document at
http://www.vantek.net/pages/msutton/mapidelp.txt - size 8K - 22 Feb 96

My Problem :

I can send attachments with the Email and everything works fine if the
recipient is also using Microsoft Exchange (we see the icons !).
If the recipient uses Eudora (wathever version) he will receive the
attachments but will not see them. The message "Attachments converted" will
not appear !!! But the attachments are downloaded in his attachment
directory.

Does somebody have a solution what kind of 'flag' is missing in the MAPI
structures or functions?

You can contact me at j...@loxinfo.co.th
Thank you.

Re:Problem using MAPI (EMail attachments are not seen by recepient using Eudora)

Jean Vankerkom <j...@loxinfo.co.th> wrote in article
<01bbf47f$ba30b9c0$0f020...@WWW.loxinfo.co.th>...

> My Problem :

> I can send attachments with the Email and everything works fine if the
> recipient is also using Microsoft Exchange (we see the icons !).
> If the recipient uses Eudora (wathever version) he will receive the
> attachments but will not see them. The message "Attachments converted"
will
> not appear !!! But the attachments are downloaded in his attachment
> directory.

> Does somebody have a solution what kind of 'flag' is missing in the MAPI
> structures or functions?

> You can contact me at j...@loxinfo.co.th
> Thank you.

Hi Jean,

That's the way Eudora works.  I am afraid you will be not able to do
something to make Eudora display attachments like Microsoft Exchange does.

Archie
--
ArGo Software Design           Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fax: +1(212)253-4245           CIS:  75231,330

Other Threads