Indy 8.0 - HTTPServer - File Resumes

Hey!

I use Delphi 4/Indy8.0 and I had a look at the HTTPServer demo, and I'm
thinking of playing around with it, but it seems to be missing a modern
feature, the resuming of downloads/split download , ie. you cant choose from
which byte to start downloading. Anyone have any ideas?

Re:Indy 8.0 - HTTPServer - File Resumes

HTTP Protocol doesn't support Resume, only FTP can do that. On the
Program-Side the application "say" to the server the starting position
into the file-stream, the server then send, starting from this point, the
rest of the file. HTTP doesn't support this ...

"Paul Meyer" <greenmil...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> HTTP Protocol doesn't support Resume, only FTP can do that.
> On the Program-Side the application "say" to the server the
> starting position into the file-stream, the server then send,
> starting from this point, the rest of the file.
> HTTP doesn't support this ...

HTTP 1.1 has the capability to handle content ranges.  See RFC 2616 Section
14.16 and the Content-Range headers
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt).

There's no Resume method, but Indy 8 has properties to handle this type of
request.  You can set ContentRangeStart and ContentRangeEnd in
TIdHTTP.Request prior to calling TIdHTTP.Get.  It's your responsibility to
concatenate the response stream to the existing content for the resource.

hth...
--
Don

---