Looking for free w source components to use MySQL with Delphi5 Pro

What would you recommend in this situation? I tried Zeos (3.0.2) but it
seems to be extremely buggy. TMySQL at
http://www.productivity.org/projects/tmysql/ works fine but I would prefer
one with connectivity to DB aware controls and its development seems to be
frozen anyway. Thanks in advance for any info.

Re:Looking for free w source components to use MySQL with Delphi5 Pro

Zeos generally gets a better press than this, I think you might have an old
version.  The current Zeos works with MYSQL 4 using the version 3 dll, I'm
told.  Look for MYSQLDAC (?sp).  not free, but supposed to be good.

The ODBC driver plus ADO ODBC provider seems to work well, but I suppose the
performance would suffer.

Andrew

"Andrew & Jenny Skinner" <[email protected]> wrote in message <news:[email protected]>...

> Zeos generally gets a better press than this, I think you might have an old
> version.  The current Zeos works with MYSQL 4 using the version 3 dll, I'm
> told.  Look for MYSQLDAC (?sp).  not free, but supposed to be good.

> The ODBC driver plus ADO ODBC provider seems to work well, but I suppose the
> performance would suffer.

> Andrew

I am using ZEOS dbo 5.4.1 and it works well.  As Andrew says tho - use
the MySQL libmysql.dll from version 3.23.56 to access MySql version 4.

Get the latest ZEOS here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=35994&release_i...

John

Re:Looking for free w source components to use MySQL with Delphi5 Pro

"Andrew & Jenny Skinner" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]
> Zeos generally gets a better press than this, I think you might have an
old
> version.  The current Zeos works with MYSQL 4 using the version 3 dll, I'm
> told.  Look for MYSQLDAC (?sp).  not free, but supposed to be good.

> The ODBC driver plus ADO ODBC provider seems to work well, but I suppose
the
> performance would suffer.

> Andrew

I am using ZEOS dbo 5.4.1 and it works well.  As Andrew says tho - use
the MySQL libmysql.dll from version 3.23.56 to access MySql version 4.

Get the latest ZEOS here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=35994&release_i...

John

Arghhhh - posted this using Google and I know that is flaky - so reposted on
the Borland server, so if you get a duplicate of this message - sorry.

John

Other Threads