Invalid Field Type for nchar and nvarchar data types

    Hello guys,
                    I am just trying to create a sample application in
order to view Northwind database, using Delphi 4. I use an alias, I get
connected, but when I try to activate the TTable object I get a message
"Invalid Field Type". I do not get this message with all the other
non-Unicode data types (I created a table that did not contain Unicode
strings!). How can I solve this problem?

Re:Invalid Field Type for nchar and nvarchar data types

The only way to solve it is to use something else than the BDE to connect to
SQL Server 7 (ADO, for instance) or not use unicode field types. Microsoft
has no intention of updating the dll that the BDE depends on.

--

Alain Quesnel

P.S.: remove the [brackets] from my address when replying by e-mail.

????e???? ??t??? <macs...@compulink.gr> wrote in message

>     Hello guys,
>                     I am just trying to create a sample application in
> order to view Northwind database, using Delphi 4. I use an alias, I get
> connected, but when I try to activate the TTable object I get a message
> "Invalid Field Type". I do not get this message with all the other
> non-Unicode data types (I created a table that did not contain Unicode
> strings!). How can I solve this problem?

Re:Invalid Field Type for nchar and nvarchar data types

?,
? Delphi 5, ? Delphi 4 ADO add-on.
? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ??
Unicode - fields.
?
.?? - ??
?? ?? wrote:
>     Hello guys,
>                     I am just trying to create a sample application in
> order to view Northwind database, using Delphi 4. I use an alias, I get
> connected, but when I try to activate the TTable object I get a message
> "Invalid Field Type". I do not get this message with all the other
> non-Unicode data types (I created a table that did not contain Unicode
> strings!). How can I solve this problem?

Other Threads