One Object Model Please: Delphi 3.0 and JBuilder 1.0 Client/Server Development

 A lot of the issues you raise are things that I have been asking myself,
too.  Yesterday I saw on Iona's WEB-site some news that baffeled me.
Apparently Orbix was already Delphi and Borland C++  ready, now is C++
Builder ready and soon will be JBuilder ready.  Here is a brief quote:
"Cambridge, Mass., Nov. 18, 1997: IONA Technologies (NASDAQ:IONAY - news) is
today announcing that it is the first CORBA vendor to support Borland C++
Builder. This extends IONA's existing Orbix? support for Borland C++,
Borland Delphi? and IONA's planned support for Borland's JBuilder? with the
next release of IONA's OrbixWeb? Java? product. The release of these
products underlines the true advantages of CORBA in providing organizations
with an infrastructure that enables their developers to build and integrate
complete enterprise solutions regardless of the tools and technologies being
used. IONA is firmly committed to this independence in shipping support for
the tools and platforms customers require to make their software work
together.[...]"
Does anybody actually know what this really means ?