limited number of fields using MySQL and DBExpress?

Hi,

When creating a simple application using a tsqlconnection and a
tsqlquery using a simple sql query like:

select name from employee

generates a internal error on opening the component in the
dbexpmys.dll

a select * from employee does not generate an error but using
fieldbyname procedure i cannot access some fields due to the
fact that the table has more than 10 fields. Using a tsqltable
you can see that only 10 fields are taken. Why is that? How can
I access all of the fields?

I have installed sp 2 and using Delphi 6 enterprise edition.

Regards, Albert Drent
University of Groningen

Re:limited number of fields using MySQL and DBExpress?

Hi Albert,

check libmysql.dll. Delphi should use the same dll as your mysql client.
libmysql you find in ...\mysql\lib\opt. Copy this libmysql.dll into your
delphi6\bin.
good luck
Jrgen Schmuker
"albert drent" <a.dr...@bureau.rug.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi,

> When creating a simple application using a tsqlconnection and a
> tsqlquery using a simple sql query like:

> select name from employee

> generates a internal error on opening the component in the
> dbexpmys.dll

> a select * from employee does not generate an error but using
> fieldbyname procedure i cannot access some fields due to the
> fact that the table has more than 10 fields. Using a tsqltable
> you can see that only 10 fields are taken. Why is that? How can
> I access all of the fields?

> I have installed sp 2 and using Delphi 6 enterprise edition.

> Regards, Albert Drent
> University of Groningen

Re:limited number of fields using MySQL and DBExpress?

I had some problems similar to this some time ago.  The problem was an some
old DLL's sitting around.  Make sure you only have the latest libmysql.dll
and dbexpress dll's and midas.dll's if using.

I would take the time to install delphi and mysql on a clean new machine to
test this problem.  I had a machine that had delphi 5 on it and the install
to delphi 6 didn't overwrite some files.

Other Threads