Printing and memory, NewPage vs. EndDoc

We have an application in which we use the Printer object to print a
report. Once a page is ready we use NewPage to start the next page.

On a development machine we can print about 20 pages before the
machine runs out of memory. On production machines we get about 15
pages.

We changed the code to print separate documents (replaced NewPage with
EndDoc and BeginDoc) but now all but the first page shows black
rectangles for each character.

Are there any known problems with this separate doc approach? Anyone
recognize this situation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re:Printing and memory, NewPage vs. EndDoc

Doug -

Sounds like you're not being "polite" about cleaning up your resources
after each page. I'd take a close look at that first.

Good luck.

Kurt

Other Threads