Using the dot(.) with dates in Local SQl

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got the dot (.) separator for dates to work with Local SQL?

We use the date format dd.mm.yy in our databases so I need to make a query
like this work:

SELECT purchase_date, part_name FROM parts
WHERE purchase_date = 11.11.95

but it won't work because SQL thinks the dot is a special symbol used to
separate tables and columns. Defining the date separator to be a dot (.) in
the BDE doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Sami.
selma...@vipunen.hut.fi
Systems Analysis Lab
Helsinki Univ. of Technology
02150 Espoo, Finland.

Re:Using the dot(.) with dates in Local SQl

Selim H. Aygar wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> Has anyone got the dot (.) separator for dates to work with Local SQL?

> We use the date format dd.mm.yy in our databases so I need to make a query
> like this work:

> SELECT purchase_date, part_name FROM parts
> WHERE purchase_date = 11.11.95

Try

--
Mark.