lock file has grown too large error (Citrix Metaframe)

Can anyone please offer some advice.

I am using a delphi app over a citix metaframe terminal server session using
the BDE and Interbase 5.6.
The app is fine when used on a NT4\2000 Advanced server with Windows
9x,2000,ME clients.

The lock file has grown too large error only appears on the citrix terminal
services network. The BDE is set to LocalShare=False on the mainframes so
this is not causing the problem. Is there any other settings that could be
set to stop this as the customer is not very happy about this at the moment.

Maybe some type of permission setting ???

Thanks in advance

Jon.B

Re:lock file has grown too large error (Citrix Metaframe)

I had the same problem.
Maybe the solution is put other server only to database.
This solution works for me.

Jon <ad...@owlsoftware.co.uk> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:OWLS686770...@owlsoftware.co.uk...

> Can anyone please offer some advice.

> I am using a delphi app over a citix metaframe terminal server session
using
> the BDE and Interbase 5.6.
> The app is fine when used on a NT4\2000 Advanced server with Windows
> 9x,2000,ME clients.

> The lock file has grown too large error only appears on the citrix
terminal
> services network. The BDE is set to LocalShare=False on the mainframes so
> this is not causing the problem. Is there any other settings that could be
> set to stop this as the customer is not very happy about this at the
moment.

> Maybe some type of permission setting ???

> Thanks in advance

> Jon.B

Re:lock file has grown too large error (Citrix Metaframe)

Roger, thanx for the reply.

> Maybe the solution is put other server only to database.

pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by this ?

The interbase server at this site is loaded on a standard NT4 server that is
running as a backup domain controller. The clients log into the Citrix
metaframe servers, get their profiles. Their profiles refer to this NT 4
server BDC to attach to interbase, and their profiles map a network drive to
a shared folder on this nt 4 server. Please see my other post
"pdoxusrs.lck".

Could you detail what change you think will fix this for me ?

Your time and advice is much appreciated.

Martin.

"Roger" <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3cc53efb_1@dnews...
> I had the same problem.
> Maybe the solution is put other server only to database.
> This solution works for me.

> Jon <ad...@owlsoftware.co.uk> escreveu nas notcias de
> mensagem:OWLS686770...@owlsoftware.co.uk...
> > Can anyone please offer some advice.

> > I am using a delphi app over a citix metaframe terminal server session
> using
> > the BDE and Interbase 5.6.
> > The app is fine when used on a NT4\2000 Advanced server with Windows
> > 9x,2000,ME clients.

> > The lock file has grown too large error only appears on the citrix
> terminal
> > services network. The BDE is set to LocalShare=False on the mainframes
so
> > this is not causing the problem. Is there any other settings that could
be
> > set to stop this as the customer is not very happy about this at the
> moment.

> > Maybe some type of permission setting ???

> > Thanks in advance

> > Jon.B

Re:lock file has grown too large error (Citrix Metaframe)

In article <OWLS686770...@owlsoftware.co.uk>, ad...@owlsoftware.co.uk
says...

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15256,00.html

--