FindFirst Problem

Hello all,

I'm trying to do a FindFirst with TIbQuery (or TIbTable).
I presume that I'm doing something wrong, but I really can't discover what.

I'm using the Filter property to put the Find string 'name like %n', and
when I try the FindFirst method, nothing happens?

If I use the Filter property on a TIbTable and set the Filtered property to
True, it filters the data, so I suppose that the search criteria is ok.

(Delphi 5; IBX 4,60)

TIA
Andrew

Re:FindFirst Problem

Well, looks that I'm in a blind alley (searching in the NG, just found out
that there isn't a findfirst, findnext in IBX).
Have to figure out something else from the thinking hat...

Thanks anyway.

Re:FindFirst Problem

Hello Andrew!

Try to look out for the Functions Loacate or LocateNext.
Maybe filtering is then unnecessary.

Regards,
Strike.SoftwareSolutions
Wolfgang Bierl
"Andrew S. Vaz" <andrew_s_...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Well, looks that I'm in a blind alley (searching in the NG, just found out
> that there isn't a findfirst, findnext in IBX).
> Have to figure out something else from the thinking hat...

> Thanks anyway.

Re:FindFirst Problem

"Andrew S. Vaz" wrote:

> Hello all,

> I'm trying to do a FindFirst with TIbQuery (or TIbTable).
> I presume that I'm doing something wrong, but I really can't discover what.

> I'm using the Filter property to put the Find string 'name like %n', and
> when I try the FindFirst method, nothing happens?

Locate finds the first instance, LocateNext finds the next occurrence.

> If I use the Filter property on a TIbTable and set the Filtered property to
> True, it filters the data, so I suppose that the search criteria is ok.

Filter only works with TIBTable (it actually rebuilds the select SQL and re
executes it).  Filter is not respected in either IBDataset or IBQuery.  For that
use a combination of Filtered and OnFilterRecord.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads