"Memo too large" Error

Hi,
I  have a problem with a recurring "Memo too large" error that occurs when
editing a memo field using a DBMemo component over a Win95 network.
The table is Paradox 4 (same error with Paradox 5 tables) , the code is
Delphi2 using a TTable component with a single key and the BDE is 4.5.1.4.
The error occurs when editing on one machine, posting and then editing on
another, posting, moving off record and then back.
Rebuilding with TUtils works although I have lost all the data in the memo
on a few occasions.
DBISaveChanges after post doesn't help and I have noticed that
Table.Refresh doesn't refresh.  I don't know if these are connected.

Has anyone else a solution?

Spike