Q2.0k - Can't print/preview

Hi,

I'm using QR2.0k and am having a real problem printing labels (nothing
difficult)
in certain bands.  The Page Header band works fine, and so does the
main part of the report, but in all other band types the captions do not

appear in the preview and are not printed.  I'm using Delphi 3.0 on
Win NT4.0.

Originally the page header labels didn't work, but when I copied and
pasted the
labels from another band they suddenly worked.

What am I doing wrong?  This seems too basic a problem to be the fault
of QuickReport.

Re:Q2.0k - Can't print/preview

There are a couple of things you could look at (I'm sorry if these sound too
obvious, but each could cause the behavior you described).
    1) Are you sure the labels are the bands Children? In other words, the
labels need to be "In" the band controls, not just on top of them. A quick
test is to make sure you can not drag the label out of the band.
    2) Are the bands themselves printing? You could have the enabled
properties of the bands set to false. If the detail/group bands are not
printing, make sure the dataset property of the report is set to your main
query.
    3) If these are TDBText labels, is the dataset property of the label
set?

If none of the above are the problem, what specific band types are you
having trouble with?

Kevin Gipe

Robert Stewart wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm using QR2.0k and am having a real problem printing labels (nothing
> difficult)
> in certain bands.  The Page Header band works fine, and so does the
> main part of the report, but in all other band types the captions do not

> appear in the preview and are not printed.  I'm using Delphi 3.0 on
> Win NT4.0.

> Originally the page header labels didn't work, but when I copied and
> pasted the
> labels from another band they suddenly worked.

> What am I doing wrong?  This seems too basic a problem to be the fault
> of QuickReport.

Re:Q2.0k - Can't print/preview

Hi,

I use Ace Reporter ($99).

It's easy to use, with a lot more formatting and
control features than QR; and it works reliably.

Plus, best of all, they have a newsgroup where the
software developer answers all your questions.
And it comes with a printed manual.

QReport was a real pain and inconsistent.

Ace also allows you to try the software for free.

  http://www.sct-associates.com/

Anyway, if you are still having problems with QR, give Ace a try.

It sure made my life a lot easier.

Frank
--------------------------

Robert Stewart wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm using QR2.0k and am having a real problem printing labels (nothing
> difficult)
> in certain bands.  The Page Header band works fine, and so does the
> main part of the report, but in all other band types the captions do not

> appear in the preview and are not printed.  I'm using Delphi 3.0 on
> Win NT4.0.

> Originally the page header labels didn't work, but when I copied and
> pasted the
> labels from another band they suddenly worked.

> What am I doing wrong?  This seems too basic a problem to be the fault
> of QuickReport.

Other Threads