MS SQL Server without the BDE

Hi,

Is there any way I can connect directly to MSSQL Server (via ODBC etc) without
using the BDE.  I have a client who doesn't want the hassle of shipping another
product (the BDE) with the application??

Or another solution, perhaps, is there some way I can build the relevant bits
of the BDE into the application??

Could you please e-mail me (kevin.bl...@fastlink.com.au) as well as post.

TIA,
Kevin

Re:MS SQL Server without the BDE

In article <5obf3i$...@inferno.mpx.com.au>,

kevin.bl...@fastlink.com.au (Kevin Black) wrote:
>Hi,

>Is there any way I can connect directly to MSSQL Server (via ODBC etc) without
>using the BDE.  I have a client who doesn't want the hassle of shipping another
>product (the BDE) with the application??

You could try ODBCExpress from www.odbcexpress.com
I just bought it after trying it out for a while. It looks very good and
fast.

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sn.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly 3D ||

Re:MS SQL Server without the BDE

Hi

Glad to see more people finally woke up. A bit more coding but NO BUGS and
super FAST.

Hannes.

Bjorn-Kare Nilssen <bjoe...@sn.no> wrote in article
<A8WqzgmCgIXL09...@sn.no>...

> In article <5obf3i$...@inferno.mpx.com.au>,
> kevin.bl...@fastlink.com.au (Kevin Black) wrote:
> >Hi,

> >Is there any way I can connect directly to MSSQL Server (via ODBC etc)
without
> >using the BDE.  I have a client who doesn't want the hassle of shipping
another
> >product (the BDE) with the application??

> You could try ODBCExpress from www.odbcexpress.com
> I just bought it after trying it out for a while. It looks very good and
> fast.

> --
> || Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sn.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly 3D ||

Other Threads