Delphi 1, BDE & Windows 95 problem

Hi All,

I have written two applications that execute at all times.  The first
is reading a disk file, refomatting its contents and writing it to
several other disk files.  The second program is reading from these
files and using the data to write to database tables whilst reading a
lot of reference data from other DB tables.

This is a constant process and after running for approx 40 minutes,
Windows 95 starts to page data in and out of virtual memory.  This
eventually thrashes the disk drive so much, that the system virtually
grinds to a halt.

Does anybody know what might cause this problem?  If so is there any
way to cure it?

Please help,
  Phil Higgins, UK
Phil Higgins,
  Tiger Communications Plc.         Tel:   +44 (0)1425 461566
  77-79 Christchurch Road,          Fax:   +44 (0)1425 461484
  Ringwood,                         Email: P...@tigcomms.demon.co.uk
  Hampshire.
  BH24 1DH                          Visit our Web Site!
  England, UK.                      WWW:   http://www.tigcomms.demon.co.uk