Recording .wav files

 My language-learning program lets people click on a RadioGroup item
and hear a word or phrase. I want to let them record their own voice so
that they can 1) click on the RadioGroup and then 2) click on what they
have just recorded so that they can compare. Their own voice can be in
a temporary buffer and will never be saved.

 I've been all through the TMediaPlayer help and have searched for
examples on the Web, but all in vain. Can someone give me some pointers
to get me started?
________________
Brad Blanchard

Re:Recording .wav files

In article <VA.00000ce5.00044...@ctv.es>, G B Blanchard <g...@ctv.es> writes:

> My language-learning program lets people click on a RadioGroup item
>and hear a word or phrase. I want to let them record their own voice so
>that they can 1) click on the RadioGroup and then 2) click on what they
>have just recorded so that they can compare. Their own voice can be in
>a temporary buffer and will never be saved.

> I've been all through the TMediaPlayer help and have searched for
>examples on the Web, but all in vain. Can someone give me some pointers
>to get me started?

Brad

<sample program e-mailed to Brad Blanchard>

See Technical Instruction TI3158 on the Inprise Delphi support site.

The info is in MMSystem.Hlp which I know comes with Delphi 1 (in the Delphi 1
folder on the 32 bit Delphi CD Rom). Even so you have to search by word in Find
and not by topic in Index.

I'm not sure (haven't thought about it) how you can record and immediately play
back.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads